Everyone who works in an office has experienced it. The one or two of your colleagues who doesn’t understand that there’s a difference between “Reply” and “Reply All” and sends unnecessary emails to everyone in the company.
At some time or another, we’ve all said, “Why does [insert token fellow employee] always use Reply All?” and honestly wondered if they have any idea what they’re doing.
Most of the time these unnecessary Reply Alls come after an email is sent out to the entire company, making a reply all more annoying.
Without further build up, here are 6 reasons why your co-workers should have “Reply All” removed from their email programs.
- No one cares that you will miss the person who just got fired/quit.
- No one wants to read your ass-kissing to the CEO.
- No one cares that you didn’t lose the item someone found.
- No one will miss you at the company outing, anyway.
- No one cared what the first email said, either.
- You’re a moron, and can’t figure out how to reply to just one person.